Review of Rockwell’s Latest 10 Inch Table Saw
Power and precision are the two most important things in a great table saw. It has to be powerful enough to handle all kinds of materials. Also, it must deliver precision cuts every time. The Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw can deliver both.
Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw Features
- Lightweight and versatile
- 15 amp 4800 rpm motor
- Fences can be folded for wider cuts
- Laser indicator
- Comes with trolley stand
Powerful and Precise
This Rockwell saw is very powerful. It features a 15 Amp motor with no load speed of 4800 rpm. So, this machine can handle even the toughest materials such as hardwood or pressure treated timber with ease. You can cut a 4×4 piece of wood in one go with this table saw.
The Rockwell has a maximum cut depth of 2-9/16 inches at 45 degrees and 3-9/16 inches at 90 degrees. Moreover, this the RK7241s has the biggest rip capacity among the 10 inch table saw class. With its large 30 inch table you can easily cut plywood of 4×8 inches in half.
However, power is only half of it. This table saw is very precise too. The Rockwell RK7241S features LaserGuide technology from Rockwell. This laser guide system allows you to see exactly where the blade is going to cut so that you can make precise and accurate cuts every time.
This system is extremely useful when you are doing really delicate woodworking tasks and need to be 100% accurate. The laser line will automatically adjust when you are using the saw for bevel cuts.
Easy to Transport
Transportation is one big issue with any big power tools. If you are a contractor and move from one worksite to another, then you will have a lot of problem carrying a bulky and heavy saw.
Fortunately, the Rockwell RK7241S is highly portable. This table saw comes with integrated wheels that make it very easy to carry. Moreover, you can use an extended leg as a pull handle.
All the detachable accessories such as the miter gauge, rip fence, riving knife, push stick, blade, and the dust bag can be stored on board. So, you will have no problem carrying it from your workstation to the jobsite back and forth.
The trolley stand is fully assembled so that you do not have to waste anytime for assembly. Moreover, the stand is made from durable material to withstand the extreme condition of a construction site.
Pros of using Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw
- Very powerful motor that can handle all kinds of materials for woodworking jobs
- Laser indicator can give you very accurate and precise cuts every time
- The 30 inch table can be used to cut larger materials with ease
- The trolley stand with integrated wheels makes it very easy to transport from one place to another.
- Comes with a two year limited warranty
- Everything is preassembled so that you do not have to waste any time for assembly.
Cons of using the Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw
- The dust bag cannot collect all the saw dust. Moreover, it cannot be connected to a shop-vac for a faster cleaning experience.
- The miter is made of plastic
The Rockwell RK7241S is the perfect combination of power and precision. If you want a table saw that can handle larger materials with super precision, this is the right one for you.