Introducing the Poulan Pro PP5020AV, the Chainsaw for Big Jobs
With the wide-range of chainsaws available today, it can be overwhelming for a consumer to choose the best chainsaw for their needs. Is 35ccs enough? Do I need a 16-inch bar? Product features are billed as necessities, without which your saw will be less effective. But what are the must haves, and how do you make a decision on what to buy? The Poulan Pro PP5020AV is a powerful, yet not excessive saw, with a price to fit the most budget-conscious consumer.
A Look At The Poulan Pro
The Poulan Pro PP5020AV packs a punch, with a strong 2-cycle engine on the higher end of the chainsaw power spectrum. Its handles are designed with operator comfort in mind, guaranteeing your handling of the saw will be as easy and strong as its cutting capability. An automatic chain oiler keeps your chain ready to spin, and you’ll never break a sweat starting the Poulan ProPP5020AV . It also comes fully assembled, with a convenient carrying case. A two-year warranty gives the saw a healthy assurance along with its quality design.
A Powerhouse Engine
With a 38cc gasoline engine, the Poulan Pro is ready to tame your shrubs and overgrown trees. Most gas chainsaws of its class offer fewer ccs for more money and lack the power to tackle the tougher jobs around the yard. A clean air filtration system keeps emissions to a minimum, making the Poulan Pro an excellent choice for the environmentally conscious consumer. The “Effortless Pull” start system ensures an easy start every time.
The power of this saw’s engine is best for:
- Harder jobs around the yard – If you have many trees and larger shrubs, you will want the extra power a 38cc engine can offer.
- Ease of cutting – More power means the chainsaw works more effectively and more quickly.
You may find the extra power unnecessary if most of your jobs are small and short. You don’t need the extra horsepower if you use a chainsaw for short periods of time or don’t have frequent laborious trim work.
A Standard Bar And Chain
The saw comes complete with a 16-inch steel bar and a matching chain. A 16-inch bar is a good option for frequent yard work on large-scale shrubs and bushes, and is standard on most chain saws. Having the extra length of a 16-inch bar, instead of a more compact 14-inch bar, will make your trim time shorter and more effective. The bar is a perfect pairing with the powerful engine for most tree-cutting projects, and the longer bar provides excellent leverage for tough-to-trim branches and limbs.
The included bar and chain are great for your needs if:
- Your yard work covers large areas – Long stretches of bush trimming will fly by with a 16-inch bar.
- You are frequently trimming trees – Using a shorter bar will make tree trimming more difficult. You have better leverage with a longer bar, giving you easier and cleaner cuts.
A shorter bar is recommended if:
- Your yard has many small bushes and hard-to-reach areas – You will find it easier to trim more compact shrubbery with a shorter bar.
- You enjoy detail cutting as a hobby – If you like detail trimming for topiaries, or use your saw for wood sculptures, the longer bar will be more difficult to wield, especially for long periods of time.
Handling And Safety
The Poulan Pro’s powerhead includes an Anti-Vibe handle to absorb vibrations during use and reduce the operator’s fatigue. With an over-molded rear handle as well as top-grip handle, the Poulan ProPP5020AV provides two-handed control for precise trimming. Reducing vibration and well-designed handles create a safer chainsaw experience for the user.
Keep in mind that design is important for operator Safety. A well-designed chain saw will present little risk to the user. Handles will be placed ergonomically, and anti-vibration elements will reduce fatigue on the user.
The Poulan Pro PP5020AV truly is the complete chainsaw package. From the careful construction to the convenient extras, it is a safe choice for anyone looking to invest in a chainsaw.